It’s a bit chilly up here!
The mountainous regions of Sabah have a captivating mystery. Here in these misty landscapes we can find unique durian species like Durio Kinabaluensis and the Red Durio Graveolens variety Marahong, which like the high altitudes and cooler weather.
Starting in Kota Kinabalu, we’ll climb into Sabah’s interior to explore the craggy landscapes of the inner valleys — wet, cool, and bursting with plant life!
This is a nature lover’s adventure with plenty of time in the scenic outdoors, as well as at rural markets filled with unusual produce and fruits, durian farms with a mix of wild durian species and those planted with the most popular D from Peninsular Malaysia (like Tekkah, D24, Musang King and more!).
As usual, we’ll be using our durian fascination to explore the kitchens and gardens of the local residents –the Kadazan-Dusun, Muruts, and Chinese families who make their living from Durian.
Our group is limited to only 8 durian lovers.
Pre-requisite of travel: You must not dislike durian odor or walking.
What’s Included in this 8 Day, 7 Night Sabah Mountain Tour
- Every day durian
- An assortment of wild and local fruits
- Mango tasting
- The best in authentic indigenous plant cuisine, focusing on the foodstuffs of the mountain region
- Market Tours and introduction to local food
- Cooking classes and pre-meal jungle-to-table walks to collect our own food
- All breakfasts
- 7 group cooked lunches (in addition to durian & fruits)
- 7 group dinners
- 6 nights in comfortable western-style hotels
- 1 night in a farmstay
- 1 night in a longhouse
Rooms are twin-sharing or triple-sharing (you will have a roommate). Contact Lindsay to request single-room supplement price.
- Comfortable private vehicle
- Private longboat
- 4×4 transfers when necessary
- Local nature guides who have been selected for their plant knowledge
- Hang Gliding
- Rafflesia Flower Viewing
- Proboscis Monkey & Mangrove Ecosystem boat tour
- Hot Springs
- Trekking for wild durians and other wild fruits
- Longhouse durian visits
- Off-roading adventures
- Durio dulcis
- Red Durio graveolens “Marahong” variety
- Otak Udang Galah variety of Red Durio graveolens
- Tenom Beauty hybrid of Durio graveolens
- Durio oxleyanus
- Musang King
This tour departs Kota Kinabalu on March 11 and returns on March 18.
Have questions or concerns? Send me an email to [email protected]