Go Catch Them All
From the lowlands to the highlands, let’s eat all the durians together!
This 11-day durian tour *should* hit ALL THE WILD DURIANS. From the beautiful red-shelled Durio dulcis to red-fleshed Durio graveolens variety Otak Udang Galah, to the yellow and orange Suluks and Surut hybrids, Durio oxelyanus, Durio kutejensis AND Durian kura kura, this is a one-hit Durian extravaganza.
Focused on 5 different regions of Borneo, each which its own geography, culture, people and durians, this durian tour is also sure to make you appreciate the diversity of flavors, fruits, languages, peoples, and lifestyles all co-existing in Borneo.
Beginning on the beaches of Miri, we’ll explore jungles of Brunei before finishing in the cool highlands above Lawas.
We’ll return to Miri by small plane for gorgeous scenic views of the twisting river systems of Borneo.
Our group is limited to only 8 durian lovers.
Pre-requisite of travel: You must not dislike durian odor or walking.
What’s Included in this 11 Day, 10 Night Borneo Jungle Tour
- Every day durian
- An assortment of wild and local fruits
- Coconut plantation visit
- The best in authentic indigenous plant cuisine, focusing on the foodstuffs of the jungle
- Market Tours and introduction to local food
- Cooking classes and pre-meal jungle-to-table walks to collect our own food
- All breakfasts
- 6 group lunches (besides durian)
- 7 group dinners
- 6 nights in comfortable western-style hotels
- 3 nights in local homestays (western-comfortable, but with room sharing)
- 1 night in a jungle lodge
Rooms are twin-sharing or triple-sharing (you will have a roommate). Contact Lindsay to request single-room supplement price.
- 1 domestic flight
- Comfortable private vehicle
- Private longboat
- 4×4 transfers when necessary
- Local nature guides who have been selected for their plant knowledge
- Proboscis Monkey & Mangrove Ecosystem boat tour
- Hot Springs
- Trekking for wild durians and other wild fruits
- Longhouse durian visits
- Off-roading adventures
- Durio dulcis
- Red Durio graveolens
- Otak Udang Galah variety of Red Durio graveolens
- Suluk King Orange Durio graveolens hybrid
- Suluk Haji Lemat Durio graveolens hybrid
- Wild red and orange Durio graveolens
- Durio oxleyanus
- Hor Lor
Have questions or concerns? Send me an email to [email protected]