It’s Durian Season Again, let’s celebrate!
From the bright Barbie-pink of Tenom Beauty and it’s parent, the sticky savory red-fleshed Durio graveolens, to its cousin, the surprisingly peanut-butter-cup sweet orange Durio graveolens with all its succulent hybrids, to the coconut-cappucino plump pods of Durio oxleyanus, to the super soft and intoxicating folds of Tembaga and bitter Musang King, we will try as many kinds and species of durian as possible in this 8-day durian tour that integrates wanton durian feasting with connecting to local ecosystems and cultures.
This 8-day durian tour will travel from the high-mountains to the valleys to the flat coastal plains, eating durian all the way.
Our group is limited to only 8 durian lovers.
Pre-requisite of travel: You must not dislike durian odor or walking.
What’s Included in this 8 Day, 7-Night Borneo Jungle Tour
- Every day durian
- An assortment of wild and local fruits
- The best in authentic indigenous plant cuisine, focusing on the foodstuffs of the jungle
- Market Tours and introduction to local food
- Cooking classes and pre-meal jungle-to-table walks to collect our own food
- All breakfasts
- 4 group lunches
- 5 group dinners
- 5 nights in comfortable western-style hotel
- 1 night in a village longhouse
- 1 night on an ocean-view farmstay
Rooms are private unless you bring your own friend along.
- Comfortable private vehicle
- Historic train
- Private longboat
- 4×4 transfers when necessary
- VIP access to the Keningau Durian Festival
- Durian tasting “lessons” with Lindsay & Richard
- Local nature guides who have been selected for their plant knowledge
- Rafflesia flower trek
- Wildlife sightings
- Proboscis Monkey & Mangrove Ecosystem boat tour
- Trekking for wild durians and other wild fruits
- Longhouse durian visits
- Off-roading adventures
- Daily Outdoor Adventures!
- Tenom Beauty Red Durio graveolens hybrid
- Otak Udang Galah variety of Red Durio graveolens
- Suluk King Orange Durio graveolens hybrid
- Wild red and orange Durio graveolens
- Durio oxleyanus
- Durio dulcis (if very lucky)
- Musang King
- D118 Tembaga
- Red Prawn
- Hor Lor
Have questions or concerns? Send me an email to [email protected]