Heya Durian Lover, ready for some adulting? Let’s not put any pictures on this page to make it look more serious.
TERMS FOR DURIAN BOXES
Except in rare cases, we replace or credit any damaged, lost, or mistaken durians. Whether you receive a replacement or a refund will be decided situationally and is up to the discretion of Team Durian.
The following reasons are covered under our refund/replacement policy to the United States and Canada only:
- Your box was lost or misplaced by UPS/FedEx
- Late delivery or improper handling by UPS/FedEx that results in spoilage or damage
- Anything that is our mistake is on us
What we may not cover:
- If you change your address mid-shipment or pick-up location mid-shipment, and the box is delayed as a result.
- If you don’t pay your import fees on time, and the delivery is delayed as a result.
- All International Shipments
If you want to cancel your order:
- Please notify us of cancellations before the Sunday morning by 9AM PST, the day before the Shipping Monday. All boxes ship on Mondays only.
- Instead of cancelling your order, you may also delay your box to another date or receive a credit equal to the full value of your order that can be used at a later date.
- Refunded cancellations will have the credit card fees deducted. We are sorry about this, but the credit card processing company does not refund the fees.
TERMS FOR DURIAN TOURS
We do require all passengers on our tours carry their own travel medical insurance.
We use and recommend Safety Wing, which is a monthly subscription basic travel insurance that is accessible to people from all countries.
How does Early Bird Pricing Work?
Because we are dependent on a good fruit season to run a good tour, we like to wait to announce the final exact dates until we understand when the peak season will occur. We typically know the month that the tour will happen (May) but we will select the exact dates 2.5 to 3 months before the actual tour departs.
If you sign up as an Early Bird, you’ll get discount pricing and you’ll get to hold your spot.
Once dates are announced, you have 14 days to decide whether or not those dates work for your schedule. If the dates don’t work for you, you can either change to another tour or you can request a full refund (within the 14 day time period). Once the 14-days have passed, our normal cancellation policy resumes.
What Happens If I Catch Covid19?
That would be a super bummer, wouldn’t it?
Before the tour: If you test positive for Covid19 before the tour begins, we feel your pain. We can offer you two options:
1) You can still sell off your spot to another durian lover.
2) We can offer you a 50% credit in the form of a coupon code toward any item on our website – durian tours, mail order durian, etc.
During the tour: If you catch Covid19 during the tour, we will help you to find a comfortable and reasonably priced place to quarantine where you can still enjoy nature and local fruit. Your travel medical insurance will take over and should reimburse you for the days you lost on the tour plus any additional expenses incurred. We will not able to offer any refunds or reimbursements.
Payment for tours
All bookings for tours must be paid for in full to confirm the booking. We accept payment by Paypal, Venmo, credit card, or bank transfer. All bookings are made by emailing [email protected]
We cannot accept deposits or partial payments.
I’ll be sad if you can’t make it, but I understand that sometimes things happen that are more important than durian.
We are always welcome to re-sell your spot on tour to another durian lover. Just make sure you tell us what’s up.
If you absolutely can’t come or resell your ticket, the refund policy is as follows:
If you cancel more than 60 days before departure, you’ll get 75% of your money back. If you cancel 60-30 days before departure, a 50% refund. Cancellation within 30 days of departure results in a 0% refund, but we’ll be happy to give you a discount toward future tours and events.
We do highly recommend a general travel insurance with a cancellation policy that will cover last minute cancellations. We are happy to supply documentation and support if you need to file with your insurance company.